Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Costa Maya

Our last port was Costa Maya, and it was, by far, my favorite stop of the entire week.  It was beautiful, for sure, but no more than Cozumel or Roatan.  I think my attitude was just better.  By Day 6 of the cruise, I had finally figured out what I was doing, how to communicate via sticky notes with all of our traveling companions, and that it's ok to sleep past 7:00am.  If I ever have the chance to cruise again, I will be so much better at it.  

Sorry for the picture overload, but there are too many great ones to narrow it down any further.



Look at that water!  It really is that perfectly turquoise turquesa!  And those little black stripes are fish.
Just a couple of miles from the terminal, there was a beautiful beach area called Mahahual.  We loved that place so much.  Perfect white, sandy beaches on one side of the road, and tons of little restaurants and shops on the other side.  We had a taxi driver drop us off at the far end of Mahahual and then we spent the afternoon meandering back to the terminal.  

Because really, can you think of a better way to spend your day?  Massages, guacamole and nachos.  


Oh, I loved this little girl.  Her name is Genesis and she's two.
We saw all these women and little girls walking up and down the street with their handmade bracelets everywhere in Mahahual.  We couldn't resist all the bright colors, so the girls and I came home with about 7 bracelets each.











Costa Maya was the perfect end to a once in a lifetime adventure.

3 comments:

  1. What a really lovely trip. I have enjoyed your pictures. This makes me excited for our family trip to Hawaii coming up this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Deb! Oh, you will LOVE Hawaii. Please be sure to post pictures of our trip. I'd love to see them.

      Delete
  2. I, too, loved Costa Maya on a cruise I took years ago. I had those nachos and a massage :). You were overwhelmed with your senses on this cruise. Know that there are so many, and you can pick them by what you want to do. We didn't always get off the boat either. Loved having it to (almost) ourselves. :). Your pictures where fantastic. Thanks for sharing your amazing memories with us!!!

    ReplyDelete