Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Watermelon

I tried a few weeks ago to bring home a watermelon and sneak it into our fruit rotation.  It wasn't ready though.  It was deceptively red, but not even a little bit sweet.  Such a huge disappointment.  

And then today at the grocery store, Megan and I saw this...

so we thought we'd try one.



It was perfect!  There may still be two whole days of school left before summer officially begins, but this delicious watermelon makes it feel like it's already here.  

Hooray for piles of watermelon in the stores.  Hooray for watermelon that actually tastes as good as it looks.  Hooray for summer!

4 comments:

  1. We love watermelon! Enjoy every moment of Summer, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watermelon too! This post made my mouth water. Happy summer to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No watermelon here, my friend...
    My hubby has an aversion to it. In any way, shape, or form.
    I think my kids inherited it?!?
    But yours looks great! : )
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that same set up grocery shopping. I had no room left in my cart, otherwise I would've picked one up. Bit looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete