Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Easter Music


DMCO rehearsals have been well underway since January, and our next concert is rapidly approaching.  As usual, I am woefully unprepared and nothing is memorized yet.  But, Craig added all the music to my phone so I can listen to it in the car, and I can't even tell you how amazing that has been.  I've abandoned all other music for the entire week and have listened exclusively to concert music everywhere I've gone...which has also trickled into everywhere I am...in the house, in the carpool line, on walks (which have been few this week because of winter weather,) dropping kids off here and there.  Everyone around me has also been listening to concert music.  And that is a great thing.  I caught McKay whistling one of the songs the other day.  

I haven't been at my best this week.  The weather has been gloomy for way too many days and I've been dragging a dismal countenance around for almost a week now.  But something about listening to lyrics like this over and over again has brought tiny rays of sunshine to and otherwise dreary existence.  

  1. 1. Precious Savior, dear Redeemer,
    Thy sweet message now impart.
    May thy Spirit, pure and fervid,
    Enter ev'ry timid heart;
    Carry there the swift conviction,
    Turning back the sinful tide.
    Precious Savior, dear Redeemer,
    May each soul in thee abide.
  2. 2. Precious Savior, dear Redeemer,
    We are weak but thou art strong;
    In thy infinite compassion,
    Stay the tide of sin and wrong.
    Keep thy loving arms around us;
    Keep us in the narrow way.
    Precious Savior, dear Redeemer,
    Let us never from thee stray.
  3. 3. Precious Savior, dear Redeemer,
    Thou wilt bind the broken heart.
    Let not sorrow overwhelm us;
    Dry the bitter tears that start.
    Curb the winds and calm the billows;
    Bid the angry tempest cease.
    Precious Savior, dear Redeemer,
    Grant us everlasting peace.
  4. Text and music: H. R. Palmer, 1834-1907
I am so grateful, this week especially, for good music and the opportunity for purposeful listening.  Exceptional music invites the spirit and brings peace to the dark places.  
Ticket Info


No comments:

Post a Comment