Friday, June 5, 2015

The Last Week of School

I have a love/hate relationship with the last week of school.  It's SO busy and there is SO much going on for everyone, but it's also filled with so many of my favorite traditions.  

6th Grade Graduation
After five years of living here, and two prior 6th grade graduations, it was a little hard to watch my last graduate walk across that stage.  But oh, is he ready for 7th grade and all that middle school will bring.  

Top Golf
After graduation, a bunch of moms took a huge group of boys to play golf.  I've never been there before and I think I loved it more than the boys did and I didn't even play golf.  Such a fun place!  Craig and I are definitely going back there for a date night sometime soon!


The Last Day of School

For the last 4 years, my friend Amy and I have taken our older kids (the ones who have finals and get out of school at 12:30) to In-N-Out for lunch on the last day of school.  Our group has expanded this year and required a wider angle shot, but how fun to have all those kids together to officially kick off the summer.




End of the Year Party
Megan and Emma wanted to have a party this year to celebrate the beginning of summer, so they invited a few friends over.  Since the girls are only a grade apart in school, they share a lot of friends in common, which makes these parties so much more fun.  I love having a house filled with teenagers, and look forward to a lot of them trickling back over here all summer long.  

Graduation
I'm considering writing a whole post about this because it sort of deserves one, but for now, let's just acknowledge that Allen HS graduation was happening at the same time as the girls' party.  Our dear sweet friends, who have their own senior who graduated this year, and their own boatload of stuff this week, caught this cute picture of Savannah as it scrolled on the big screen at the football stadium.  

I am grateful everyday for this amazing place where we currently live and for the people who surround us.  Our kids have been greatly blessed not only with wonderful, supportive, uplifting friends, but also with great opportunities that they would not have had anywhere else.  It's been another great school year filled with plenty of life lessons, and now we're looking forward to a few months off before the next memory-filled year begins.  

Happy End of the School Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment